Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Clara!

What better to pull me out of my anti-blogging days than the 2nd birthday of this gorgeous little girl!


(and I thought I looked good in this hat...)

Today is the 2nd Anniversary of the best day of my life, the day that Clara Rose was born... 13 days later than expected. We celebrated her birthday on Sunday, the coldest day on record since the day we brought Clara home from the hospital.

Auntie Nicole came from Cincinnati to help us celebrate a week early. Our house was decorated with Clara's favorite charecter, Curious George...



There were balloons, and streamers, and of course, cupcakes!



Unfortunately, there was also a snow storm that day, so Auntie Nic, Mimi and Pop-pop were the only ones who could make it to the party. That was ok - more cupcakes for us! And, it was also ok, because we sent a nasty stomach bug home with everyone. So far, Clara, Lucy, Mommy and Mimi have all been sick.

Happy Birthday sweet girl... we love you!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday, Beautiful Clara!
Happy anniversary of birth-day, Toni!

Laney said...

I missed your post on the boards but I wanted to come here and wish your doll baby a very happy 2nd birthday!!

Rachel said...

Such an adorable birthday video, I'm so glad you shared it. Did you make the cupcakes? They are so cute! Happy Birthday little cutie!!!

Shelli said...

I posted the above comment, Toe, sorry I must have been logged in under Rachel's identity.

jharmon said...

She is such a cute thing! You are a great mom, my boys usually get a gift and cake, if i remember it is their birthday! I need to step that up! Hee Hee