Saturday, October 04, 2008

Cream Colored Ponies



Every day, for naps and bedtime, I sing Lucy to sleep with the song, "My Favorite Things." There is one line I can never remember, so I hum, "hmm, hmm, hmm, hmmm, hmmm, and crisp apple strudel." I always think, I really should look up the lyrics and figure this out, but then I get busy, or tired, and forget.

A week ago today, we celebrated Lucy's 6 month birthday with a girls' only cold. Michael was lucky enough to escape healthy, so he was able to take care of us.

It's been a trying 6 months for me. I keep reminding myself that Clara didn't really get into a good routine until after 6 months, after she could sit up and roll over. There is something about this magical age that makes it all come together.


So, now that we're over the cold, past the 6 month shots, we're ready to get into a rhythm. Lucy actually slept well last night, even sleeping until 7 am (she is normally up at 4:30ish), and she napped well for me today. She no longer screams in the car, in fact, we're having a great time enjoying the last of this great weather. We're shopped, made trips to the library, and get out in the stroller for a walk, or trip to the park every day. We're having a wonderful time.

Oh, and I finally looked up the lyrics the other day... yes, things are finally coming together for us.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy 6th month birthday to Lucy. I also believe that things get easier once they pass 6 months. Just know that you won't be sleepless forever. They will eventually both sleep all thru the night and even let you sleep in late.

Shelli said...

Cream colored ponies, yes! Ha ha, I sing that one most nights too. Toni, your girls are precious and beautiful. Enjoy those little cheeks as much as you can, we only have one little pair of cheeks left, and I do know that as hard as the newborn thing is, it is a fleeting, wonderful, miraculous joy I was privileged to enjoy. I know you enjoy it too!

Laney said...

Happy 6 months Lucy!

Aaaaah I just love your little doll babies!