Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My Playlist

I've finally followed the example of some of my fellow blogging friends and added a playlist. I hesitated to add it, because, well, I don't have working speakers on my laptop (who knew you shouldn't let your 10 month old open and close your laptop repeatedly - thanks Clara - mwa!), and therefore I haven't listened to anyone else's playlist, and I wouldn't be able to enjoy my own. But, then I thought, hey, people should know what music I listen to and why...

Ramalama - I first heard this song on "So You Think You Can Dance". I dare you to listen to this song and not shimmy and shake a little bit. I credit this song for giving Clara her love of dancing. When I was pregnant, I had to drive to the cape often for work. I would always listen to this song, at least a few times, and seat dance (you know you all do it!). Hmmmm... I wonder what my fellow drivers thought, seeing a very pregnant woman jumping up and down in her car? Maybe they thought I was in labor and this is why everyone got out of my way??

Some Kind of Wonderful - My hubby loves crooners, and he stumbled upon this young man, Peter Cincotti, about 5 years ago... he's been one of our favorites ever since. This song is in honor of my wonderful husband. I love hearing you sing in the car - keep it up love!

Can't Help Falling in Love - when Michael and I first met, we did the obligitory movie night where we show each other our favorite movies from our teenage years. This particular night was the "teenage angst" category. He picked "Some Kind of Wonderful" and I picked "Pretty in Pink". It's amazing that our relationship made it past that night... but - I love this version of the Elvis classic!

Cowboy Take Me Away - I'm a closet Country fan. My girlfriend Kimmy introduced me to the Dixie Chicks and I listen to them every chance I can sneak it past my husband. I even listened when it was unpatriotic to do so.

If You Leave - ah... Pretty in Pink, teenage angst for the 80's. Combine that with "The O.C.", teenage angst for the new century, and you have a great remake of an 80's classic!

For You I Will - I had such a crush on this young man when he first made an appearance on a failed TV show a few years ago. I think I saw that he's in a new movie now - I might have to check it out.

Forever Young - see "If You Leave" up above. Man, I loved the music of the 80s! Oh, and the O.C.

Can't Take My Eyes off of You - My sappy little love song for my girls... you are both so beautiful... I love to gaze at you all day long!

That's it for now - happy listening!

3 comments:

Shelli said...

Fun! Loved the 80's too, my 80's friend. I like that Peter crooner guy, sounds good!

Shelli said...

Oh, and I LoVE the new look!! So cute!

jharmon said...

I loved all your picks! And some Kind of wonderful....I love that movie!