Monday, September 08, 2008

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy



OK, first things first. Isn't she a cutie?? I'm sure it's fun for you to watch another person's baby cry. Baby cry's are cute until they come from your child at midnight...

Lucy is known around our house as The Screamer. Of course, in the middle of the night, she is known as many other names in addition to that (the whiner, the manipulator, the bitch). She was angry from the moment they pulled her out of my tummy. I tried to send her to the nursery while I was in the hospital so I could take a shower, and they sent her back to me... I thought this was part of the luxury suite package... my last uninterrupted shower for the foreseeble future.

Lucy screams in the car, she screams when we put her to bed, she screams when we pick her up from the crib, she screams when we change her diaper. She screams when we hold her, she screams when we don't. She does not scream when we are in public. I know, this sounds like a great thing, but then people think we are crazy when we complain about the screaming (this is why I shared the video above as proof).

Lucy, darling, Mommy and Daddy need some sleep! This is why we let you cry yourself to sleep tonight. Please forgive me? Yes, I know we'll do it again, but this is the first of many times in our lives that you are just going to have to trust me when I say I love you, and I have your best interest at heart.

Good night my little love, sleep tight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohh! Good luck with the CIO! I hope it goes well. Well, as good as it CAN go, that is!

Shelli said...

Ha ha. Gotta have at least one cranky baby, right? She's a cutie though (and I can say that cause I'm not up all night with her).

jharmon said...

I Laughed so hard at this blog! If I can give you a few words of comfort, My #2 Peyton was the same way. He screamed if he was touched or moved anything it didn't matter. He is now 10 and he is my sweetest and best behaved child! So hang on in a few years she will be an angel!