Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tomorrow is the Day!

Time is such a funny thing... I can't believe that tomorrow I will meet my new daughter, yet on the other hand, I can't believe this pregnancy has taken so long! I often feel this way about an event that I have waited and waited for, once I get to the point of it being tangible, I start to miss the process of getting there.

Things I will miss about being pregnant:

  • Feeling the bean move
  • All chocolate - no guilt!
  • The anticipation of meeting a new family member
  • The attention (ok - I admitted it!)
  • Nesting... my house has never been so clean!
  • Experiencing this miracle, for a second amazing time.

Things I won't miss:

  • Waddling
  • Eating/drinking restrictions
  • Not being able to play on the floor with Clara
  • Maternity pants
  • Thick hair

I feel very sentimental each time I look at Clara lately. I wonder if she understands at all what is about to happen to her world. We've had so much fun with her these past 14 months. I'm sure it will just get better, once we adjust to the new life in the house. I wonder if I'll remember how to take care of a newborn? I'm a little worried about breastfeeding again, establishing sleeping habits, changing so many diapers, bathing a newborn. Wow - these things were all so easy with Clara, I hope the new baby is just as easy.

We have to be at the hospital at 5:30 in the morning, so this might be the last you hear from me in awhile. I'm going to try to post pictures from the hospital, but who knows how I'll feel, and how their internet service will be. I'll talk to you all from the other side!

4 comments:

Shelli said...

Good luck sweetie! I'll be thinking about you! I remember feeling all those things when Tanner was on the way also, but you will find a flow with the new one and Clara, it just takes a bit of time.
Can't wait to see pictures! Love you!!

jharmon said...

WOW! I'm so excited for you! I loved having my first two so close! It was alot easier than i thought it would be so maybe that will give you some comfort! I will be thinking about you all day tomorrow! Good luck, I'm sure she will be beautiful!
Jill

Team Pettijohn said...

I'm so excited for you...make sure and post pictures. Woohoo...you're going to be a mother of two! Good luck!

Laney said...

Congrats to you and your new bean! I can totally imagine missing the things that you listed, and not missing the other things. Such a bundle of emotions!