Thursday, September 18, 2008

You're Going Where? With Who???




These were common questions I heard when I mentioned to people that I was going away on a Mommies Weekend to Wisconsin, with a group of ladies that I had met on the internet. People were skeptical, telling me how brave I am, and probably thinking behind my back that I am pretty whacked out!

Let me just tell you about the power of the internet... these woman (and many others who couldn't make the weekend) are my best friends. We met on a bulletin board and shared our life stories, tragedies, trials, and ultimately, we are sharing the best experience of our lives, our children. Without these women, I wouldn't know that it's OK to hate people who tell me to "just relax" and I'll get pregnant. I wouldn't know people who could share my fears and reservations about raising a donor egg baby. I would never have guessed that "sleep begets sleep." And breastfeeding a baby while raising a toddler, well, that would be impossible without their support.

Once we met "in real life", we didn't miss a beat! We laughed, cried, shopped, drank, and stayed up later than any sane mother would do. What a trip! Thank you girls for being as real in person as you are through my computer every day. I love you all!

If you are still skeptical about the power of love and support that you can have through the Internet, read some of the blogs listed on the right of my page here...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Aww Toni,
You just put a tear in my eye. I completely agree with every single word you wrote. I feel the exact same way.

Love ya,
Jessica

Laney said...

What a sweet post! The trip was amazing, you ladies were amazing, our boards are amazing!
Loves,
Laney (one of the wackos from the scary internet)!

jharmon said...

Toni that is brave! I am saying this without thinking your a wacko! I'm glad you had such a fun experience!
Love
Jill